When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Huffman Cadet

-

Real Steel

Finally riding a big boys bike
1941 Huffman

Google comes up with zero results for a Huffman Cadet bike. The whole experience shoots down what I thought was a sure thing..."if something exists, then the internet contains something about it". So I thought.

Yet, the bike stands here in front of me. Its clearly unrestored and in darn nice shape, it has a killer patina, and it says 'Cadet' on the badge.

I'm turning to the members of The Cabe in hopes of reconnecting the past with this bike. Does someone know who sold 1941 Huffman built bikes under the name 'Cadet'? I hope there is an expert out there that can help.

I really appreciate your help!

IMG_1076.jpg

Huffman Cadet 5.JPG

Huffman Cadet 2.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice bike, im not good with info on this bike but i think a mounth ago someone found one of these bikes as well and posted it up as well . Best of luck and im sure someone on here will help you info for sure!!!

Talking to Scott S., our resident Huffman guru he says it was likely badged for a small Mom & Pop hardware store somewhere. In those days if you ordered a certain number of bikes you could get your own badge made up........in the end the customer is always right :) Most definitely not a run of the mill common badge.

Talking to Scott S., our resident Huffman guru he says it was likely badged for a small Mom & Pop hardware store somewhere. In those days if you ordered a certain number of bikes you could get your own badge made up........in the end the customer is always right :) Most definitely not a run of the mill common badge.

That makes some sense- Cadet would be a pretty generic name and difficult to Trademark or associate with a particular brand. There are Cadet bikes from other brands, Cadet bike speedometers, etc. On the other hand, a local jobber might not care about that if they had a particular name or design the liked.

Nice, clean bike.

what is pictured next to it in the first picture?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Pictured next to the Huffman is a 1931 Auburn Cabriolet. For me, old cars came before old bikes. This particular car actually belongs to my boss. It's uncanny how the Huffman and Auburn paint jobs compliment each other.

That makes some sense- Cadet would be a pretty generic name and difficult to Trademark or associate with a particular brand. There are Cadet bikes from other brands, Cadet bike speedometers, etc. On the other hand, a local jobber might not care about that if they had a particular name or design the liked.

Nice, clean bike.

I think the 'Cadet' name was used with bikes from Higgins, Hawthorne, and Colson. I hope the Cadet name is not so generic that I'll never find out who actually sold this bike in 1941.

more pics from new owner

I think the 'Cadet' name was used with bikes from Higgins, Hawthorne, and Colson. I hope the Cadet name is not so generic that I'll never find out who actually sold this bike in 1941.

I found this post and bumped it with more pics and some questions, Who Sold this New? Serial # 49353 C
Original for sure forks that do not look like any Huffman forks I.ve seen??
Grey painted drop centers and fender braces that look right to the bike but "Don't match color" to my wife...
What tires? I'm thinking John's US Royal Blackwalls. Thanks for input.
photo 4.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 1.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Great looking bike

Great looking bike. I was eyeing it for a while but never pulled the trigger. Are you going to bring it out the the next coasters ride, I'd love to see it in person.

Back