When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Westfield Columbia On Ebay

-
You're welcome. I was thinking the same thing. Considering the original Huffman went for 3,200 or so I would think this should get close.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The value in the Huffman is its originality. I too would prefer this Columbia unrestored.....you can never return to 'original'.

You have a point but it wasn't original anymore... It was painted OD originally but had been painted blue at some point...
The seller's statement it had been used by the USAF post WW2 was IMO pure speculation...

I too prefer non-restored parts if they have remained untouched their entire time, but that wasn't the case here...
I have restored an original condition MG model about 15 years ago... It was in such a dire state that if I hadn't touched and left as is, I wouldn't have had anything left by now as it was in very bad condition...

Last edited:
To clarify, I would prefer the Columbia in its unrestored state (as in with the blue paint and the added bracing) especially since it appears so complete. Once restored, all of the history or 'originality' of the bike was lost. I guess it depends on how you define original.

Now as far as incomplete bikes, bits, and pieces, bring on the full blown restoration !.....In fact, I'm working on such a bike now.

Back