When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 schwinn DX fatbar mild custom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Artweld

Finally riding a big boys bike
Finished with the 1947 schwinn DX fatbar mild custom candy red with gold bank logos.
20160517_202454.jpg
20160515_181820.jpg
20160511_200459.jpg
20160508_135002.jpg

20160517_202454.jpg

That's the info I was given, I was told that most dx frames had the lower curved bar smaller in size the the upper bar, but on this frame both lower and upper bars are the same size and the rear upper fender mount bar is a curved round tubing instead of the curve mount like most dx frames, I was shown a couple of dx frames in a shop and this frame was different in several different areas, such as a regular rear balloon dx fender wouldn't fit so I had to modify one to fit this frame, and was told that it was a 1947/1948 was I given the wrong information??

Last edited:
That's the info I was given, I was told that most dx frames had the lower curved bar smaller in size then the upper bar, but on this frame both lower and upper bars are the same size and the rear upper fender mount is a curved round tube instead of the regular curve mount on most dx frames, I was shown a couple of dx frames in a shop and this frame was different in several areas, such as a fender off a dx frame wouldn't fit so I had to modify it to fit and a few other things, was also told by the serial # that it was a 1947/1948, was I given the wrong information??

That's the info I was given, I was told that most dx frames had the lower curved bar smaller in size then the upper bar, but on this frame both lower and upper bars are the same size and the rear upper fender mount is a curved round tube instead of the regular curve mount on most dx frames, I was shown a couple of dx frames in a shop and this frame was different in several areas, such as a fender off a dx frame wouldn't fit so I had to modify it to fit and a few other things, was also told by the serial # that it was a 1947/1948, was I given the wrong information??
Weird, I've never heard of that before, I've never owned a postwar dx so I wouldn't know

This is very true. Schwinn made the change to the skinnier lower bar in 1949. I think this applies to the straight bar models as well. They probably figured that switching to the skinnier bar would save them so much money each year.

Back