When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 20" DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pantmaker

I live for the CABE
Here are pics of the little bike I snagged a few weeks ago. This is gonna clean up nicely.
PicsArt_01-24-09.11.10.jpg
PicsArt_01-24-09.51.18.jpg
0124172045.jpg
0124172047c.jpg
0124171241a.jpg

Cool little ballooner. Is it spoken for yet or is there going to be a coin toss between the twins?

I bought one with a few less parts attached a few years ago off of eBay. It was advertised as a early Sting-Ray. I knew better and stuck a bid on it that ended up a winner. This one is a '52, but it is the same frame and size.
It will be interesting to see where you end up with yours!
Before and after shots:

D15261.jpg

DSC01885.JPG

REC

Last edited:
Last summer I did find two 20" ballooner projects like this on that I haven't done anything with yet. The first is a Shelby 20" straight-bar (like a Donald Duck frame) and the other is a Western Flyer. I really like the factory paint and geometry of the Schwinn's though though for an early pig bike.

Looking good! You're going to need a new chain guard decal before that hits the street.

Schwinn *----- CHERRY BOMB ------*

Looking good! You're going to need a new chain guard decal before that hits the street.

Schwinn *----- CHERRY BOMB ------*
Gary...sorry. Here's the little guard. Still in nice shape. I'm still bangin' away on fender dents...its like Wack-a-Mole
PicsArt_01-31-06.30.07.jpg

Check out the chainguard on this one! IT was not quite as nice as yours!
Before - as purchased:
54 N26235 before (2).jpg

After throwing a hammer at it:
Guard after.jpg

Because I had to try it:
Guard - because.jpg

This was an exercise in futility - I used a different guard on the bike after thinking about it. But this was fun... for a couple of hours.

REC
Jealous cause yours is that nice to begin with!!

Nice bike. I am selling a 56 if anyone is interested it's in complete bikes for sale. Same color red with tank!

Back