When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 BLUE Radiobike Restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
6b452836b27c1b2edb4bedf775b97871.jpg

Thanks for trying, Vince!

I really need to get my hands on a knob, or a complete bike with it. As much as I want to make those knobs, I cannot do so without an original in hand.

The antenna posted does NOT look like an antenna to me. It looks like part of the metal outer cable cover that runs from the battery box into the tank, with a warped outer piece of the antenna.

I have an antenna, have taken it part, and have began to hunt down what I need to start building them. Six parts are used in the antenna, not including mounting hardware.

As for the frame and fork, I have decided, I must repaint them. This bike is not a rat rod, nor is that my intent. I love it that this bike's history is documented here on the web, but that is all it is. History. I want it to look as good as it can. The frame and fork will be repainted. The parts will still show some light aging against the painted frame, but it sure as heck beats seeing them against all that surface rust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If the screws are indeed original, you need a "clutch bit". Dayton Tool Crib off Needmore Rd. is the only local place that has them. I bought three, and they're only a buck or two! Someone swapped all of the mounting screws on my blue bike with grade 8 Phillips screws. I'll be swapping those out, and I'll bet Au-Ve-Co or McMaster Carr will have them.

http://www.daytontoolcrib.com/

You can get the clutch bit at Napa Auto Parts stores too. General Motors used these type fasteners for some dash and under hood parts on their cars in the 50's and 60's... I'd never seen them used anywhere else. But I guess Huffy was using them too!

UPDATE!

The radio for this bike and the red one were dropped off in the care of a gentleman, who, for decades refurbished old radios. I got his number from a close friend of mine and I trust this person to do his duty to this beauties. Until yesterday morning, he had never heard of a Huffy Radiobike. The neat thing about old radios is, no two models look alike!

Rock and roll is here to stay, indeed....

partsguy - Does you radio repair guy re-cone speakers?

Ah, I see. I have sent you a pm, and will give my guy a call tomorrow. PM me your contact info, and I'll try to get you in touch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back