When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1958 Phantom Seat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently purchased a 1958 Red Phantom as a restoration project. It's pretty much OG except the rack was replaced with a spring loaded newspaper carrier rack. The rear spokes were replaced with heavier ones as well. It came with a black Mesinger seat (rubber slip on cover). Could this have been the original seat?

Does your Phantom still have the graphics on the chain guard? Before starting a restoration it would be wise to make sure it's actually a 58 model and not a 59.

Does your Phantom still have the graphics on the chain guard? Before starting a restoration it would be wise to make sure it's actually a 58 model and not a 59.
The serial number dates it to September 30th , 1958

I recently purchased a 1958 Red Phantom as a restoration project. It's pretty much OG except the rack was replaced with a spring loaded newspaper carrier rack. The rear spokes were replaced with heavier ones as well. It came with a black Mesinger seat (rubber slip on cover). Could this have been the original seat?
1958 Phantom Seat
ASK THE MAN WHO OWNS ONE!

Sounds like you may have a Wasp/Cycle Truck seat. The correct seat for a '58 is tan leather with rivets. These usually turn dark brown to almost black as they age. V/r Shawn

Sounds like you may have a Wasp/Cycle Truck seat. The correct seat for a '58 is tan leather with rivets. These usually turn dark brown to almost black as they age. V/r Shawn
I wasn't sure it was the right one. I didn't think it was, but, now I know for sure. Thanks

------Schwinn actually used those Vinly riveted Schwinn seats starting in 57' on Phantoms ... part of the cost cutting and cheapening of balloon bikes. I've owned many late ones stock like that.

Back