When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Tiger Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

flightliner59

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have a 1959 Schwinn Tiger 2 speed and would like to know what the correct speedometer and light kit would be? Thanks in advance.

Whatever the dealer or the owner added. Most Tigers didn't get them. Look at the 1959 catalog (its on line) and see what Schwinn offered. Then see if you can find them. Roger

These two CEV lights came from a 59 Tiger and a 59 Corvette. Im fairly certain that they are original to both bikes. The single bulb version was on the Tiger. Here is the spec sheet for the Tiger. A speedo wasnt part of the Tiger factory trim package
0114160830a.jpg
0114160829a.jpg
2016_01_14_08.27.34.jpg

These two CEV lights came from a 59 Tiger and a 59 Corvette. Im fairly certain that they are original to both bikes. The single bulb version was on the Tiger. Here is the spec sheet for the Tiger. A speedo wasnt part of the Tiger factory trim package View attachment 265336View attachment 265337View attachment 265338

I have a 1960 Tiger... actually exact to a 1959; last year for 'large' badge. I agree that the Chrome Delta lamp with single bulb and the large black switch was the correct headlamp; it came from factory. [As picture].

Speedometer was a dealer sold assessory... My 1961 Jag has a dealer installed speedometer, from new... it's the white bodied unit with red, white, blue and black lettering on face; includes the 'Schwinn' name. This is the common 'add-on' speedo for that time frame.

pappy

These two CEV lights came from a 59 Tiger and a 59 Corvette. Im fairly certain that they are original to both bikes. The single bulb version was on the Tiger. Here is the spec sheet for the Tiger. A speedo wasnt part of the Tiger factory trim package View attachment 265336View attachment 265337View attachment 265338

I have a 1960 Tiger... actually exact to a 1959; last year for 'large' badge. I agree that the Chrome lamp with single bulb and the large black switch was the correct headlamp; it came from factory. [As picture].

Speedometer was a dealer sold assessory... My 1961 Jag has a dealer installed speedometer, from new... it's the white bodied unit with red, white, blue and black lettering on face; includes the 'Schwinn' name. This was the common Schwinn, dealer installed assessory; for that time frame.

pappy

Thanks, Im interested in what would have been period correct on the speedometer and light for the schwinn bikes. I have a set of miller lights.

I have a 1959 Schwinn Tiger 2 speed and would like to know what the correct speedometer and light kit would be? Thanks in advance.

Speedometer would be aftermarket and almost certainly a Stewart Warner Cadet brand. SW made a Schwinn Approved speedometer, but I think that came in the early 60s.

Circa 1955
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Circa 1959
s-l1600-2.jpg
il_570xN.688608123_p8fa.jpg

Schwinn version (late 50's, early 60s)
images.jpg

Back