When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Radiant Red Schwinn Continental

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bike! I have two 1960s in radiant coppertone, both in various stages of completion. Those two are 23 inch frames. Also have an early 61 conti with the early decals in a 21 inch frame, I need the correct fork to finish it. That bike is radiant green. Love your bikes. seen a real nice red one sell on ebay last year, think it brought around a grand. Only other red one I have seen.

I think most of know this but in case here are a couple pics of the number 8. Does kind of take away the fun of thinking you got it loose when really it was just the freewheel tool camming out and peeling back the metal!!

025.JPG

026.JPG

Hey Bob,
Is my thread on removing an old Atom freewheel with an easy out extractor still on the Scwhinnbikeforum?

Nice bike! I have two 1960s in radiant coppertone, both in various stages of completion. Those two are 23 inch frames. Also have an early 61 conti with the early decals in a 21 inch frame, I need the correct fork to finish it. That bike is radiant green. Love your bikes. seen a real nice red one sell on ebay last year, think it brought around a grand. Only other red one I have seen.

Thanks, I have several early contis and varsitys in various states of completion as well. These early 60s schwinn lightweights are my favorite. Good luck on your fork hunt.

My thread on the SBF where I used an easy out to remove an Atom off a 1963 Varsity wheel was back in 2010. Guess I deleted that thread when I was packing up my things and getting ready for the big banning party. :D
From then on that's all I've used for removing the old Atoms.

Found out my local ace hardware closed down when I went there to look for an easy out today. Of course home depot didn't have it. There is another ace a town over in the other direction, I'll have to try there when I get the chance.

Back