When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Schwinn Panther III

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinnman_82

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello Fellow Bike Enthusiasts,

I just finished restoring this Schwinn Panther III. I would appreciate any comments on anything I have done to the bike good or bad. I would like to keep it as close to original as I can. Please give me your expertise on anything I could do better.

I am currently almost finished with a 1962 Corvette 3 speed. I have a 1951 Hornet in the shed to start tinkering with after the Corvette is finished.

Thank you
SCOTT

20160116_190634.jpg

20160116_190647.jpg

20160116_190634.jpg

Hi and welcome to the cabe! This is one beautiful bike, I can't see anything wrong with it, but since it came out so nice, I would recommend finding a Jaguar seat with a crash rail and the giant chrome springs/ I know this isn't correct for your bike but I think it would make the bike pop even more!

Sfhschwin, Thank you for your comment. I was thinking a seat with crash rail would be awesome. Finding one in decent shape right now is pretty tough. I was wondering if the seat I had on it was correct or not.

Thats a really nice bike you have. The only thing I see wrong is you haven't ridden it. Put a chain on and enjoy that bike!

Very nice! Did you have to do anything to light? Whenever I see those lights, they are usually broken

No I looked forever to find that light. Got lucky and a guy had an NOS one for sale on EBAY. It was a bidding war for that thing! They are expensive!

Yeah, I can imagine! I dont think I've seen one of those lights on eBay before.

I also like the way you have it setup. I've been thinking of doing a wall bike for my house - I've got so much time into my current project that I don't want to ride it. Its more like art to me at this point hah

Back