When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Cosmic Flyer -Western Flyer (a pictorial)

-

Enthusiastic Cyclist

'Lil Knee Scuffer
On a recent trip to Ohio to move my son out of his apartment after graduating from Kent State I noticed this bike in the local craigs list for $100 . It was in pretty nice condition already and I had been looking to get back into the bike building hobby after some years away. The last bike I built was in 2006 and it was a modern Carbon framed race bike with Campy components that I built from the frame up from parts I bought through ebay. This time I wanted to restore a vintage city cruiser of some sort and luckily came upon this one. I am listing photos in order. You will notice more rust on the earlier pics although the rust wasn't really that bad to remove. Here is the original Bike as purchased below.
Cosmic 1.jpg
Cosmic 2.jpg
Cosmic 3.jpg
Cosmic 4.jpg
cosmic 5.jpg
Cosmic 6.jpg

Last edited:
the Head light was then made operational thanks to help from "partsguy" I also added a tail light and mud flaps that would have been made around the same time as this bicycle.
IMG_1559.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1562.JPG

Back