When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Stingray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1970_LEMON_PEEL

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm new to The Cabe and wanted to share the latest addition to my collection.
upload_2016-4-20_8-28-27.png

An October 1963 1/2 Schwinn stingray with gold California drag chute and Bronco wheelie bar.
upload_2016-4-20_8-30-29.png

I put new wheels on the Bronco because the old ones were NOS so i didn't want to screw them up. It's a wheelie machine!
upload_2016-4-20_8-32-11.png

It's all original minus the front tire but i found one on Ebay that i'm gonna get.

Last edited:
Hey I had one of those wheelie bars- a whammo- on my first bike- a JC Higgins 20" middleweight later converted to a "Sting ray" in 1964. I could easily get the wheelie up, but until I had the "training wheels" wheelie bar, couldn't keep it up. Gotta have smooth pavement for the small wheels though.

It was red like this Schwinn, but had the plain white banana seat first available as a add on- and the rear wide Knobby tire we looked for all over town. The Slik tires came out a year or two later, and the bars started to get more sweep at the grips, and the sissy bars started to grow in the back- even had headrests finally.

Back