When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Schwinn Sky Blue Super Sport

-
Good guess, but didnt the Sierra have Sprint branded hubs in 64?
Bullet holes and quick release, 62 or 3 Superior?

I see the Conti had quick release then too. When did that start on the Conti anyway?

I'll change my guess to 63 conti or maybe just a Schwinn

Last edited:
I cant wait for tomorrow Lee!

My 60 and 61 contis have bolt on axles. Its a Schwinn for sure, and you were right on the money the first time..

The Continental had quick-release hubs from 1963 through 1975. It had bolt-on hubs for '60-'62 and '76 and then only front quick-release hubs for '77 through '84 (in '77 it was called the Sierra and in '78-'79 it was the Continental II).

Last edited:
Loosely threw on the correct bar tape for a visual. What is the opinions on tires for this one? White, gum, or black wall? Im diggin the blue and black so far.
e7998b8b11f68b1348be3d4beddbe22f.jpg

blackwalls for sure.
just a note,Walter is having a hard time.the others are calling him a lightweight sympathizer because he was stuck in the middle.

blackwalls for sure.
just a note,Walter is having a hard time.the others are calling him a lightweight sympathizer because he was stuck in the middle.
He didnt have any issues hanging out here, you musta done something to make him question his weight. Maybe hes jealous of the new Roadmaster with all its bolt ons.
80baa92e57b410809f89b9c5412b75d1.jpg

Back