When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Lime Schwinn Sports Tourer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn499

I live for the CABE
Got this one home with some help from Lee (schwinnman67). I cant wait for some shop time to get to working on it.
5eee39c4dd4f1194c969d0787eee6ae9.jpg

06265756e2ddf2114413e225d4e410b5.jpg

Look forward to seeing the details and clean-up on this one as it appears so unmolested and original!

Sweet!
I bought a 22" frame years ago from a guy who was going to make a tandem from a couple frames. He tossed the fork.
I've been looking for a stock fork for the frame for many years now with no luck. The frame has been serving as wallpaper in my garage.
I suppose I'll have just go with an all chrome fork.

I bought a 22" frame years ago from a guy who was going to make a tandem from a couple frames. He tossed the fork. I've been looking for a stock fork for the frame for many years now with no luck...

Note that a Ladies' Super Sport has a fork with a 1-1/8" longer steerer than a 22" Men's model Super Sport, Sports Tourer or Superior. As such they can easily be cut-down and threaded to fit. They are also plentiful, cheap, and usually in great condition.

I'll have to double check my measurements but I also think that a 21/22" Continental (Men's) fork is the same as the Ladies' SS, that is with a steerer about 1-1/8" longer than a 22" Men's FB fork.

Last edited:
That is a nice bike, too bad it wasn't a 22" frame..... Looked like the only non orig parts were the tires and 1 crank cap.

Back