When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Silver Mist Continental

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up yesterday. It is a JL serial number or 75 but no Silver Mist in 75 so surely sold as a 76. Still has the old style downtube decals so Schwinn must have switched sometime later during that years production. Is it me or does the front fork look funny?

001.JPG

004.JPG

Picked this up yesterday. It is a JL serial number or 75 but no Silver Mist in 75 so surely sold as a 76. Still has the old style downtube decals so Schwinn must have switched sometime later during that years production.

Schwinn introduced Silver Mist on the Continental and Sprint in mid-'75 according to a News Flash bulletin I have from that time. That means your Sept. '75 frame bike is most certainly a 1975 model.
Is it me or does the front fork look funny?

It is most definitely bent! Fortunately since it is made of steel it can most likely be straightened. Also it appears that the pedals are not original.

Hey Scott, great info as always. Gary I agree the lightweight chopper look is cool. (I knew I shouldn't have grabbed that much air on my last jump!!!!) But seriously I think that fork is toast. It's bent in multiple ways. Same for the back rim. I bought it for the parts and I think I will stick with that plan.

Very interesting... So where does that leave us with regard to Silver Mist and yellow undercoat?

Very interesting... So where does that leave us with regard to Silver Mist and yellow undercoat?
Im not exactly sure. Ive only had experience with two silver mist bikes personally, one 72 Paramount without any yellow base, and one 71 ST with yellow base. Bobs Conti does not appear to have any, but his 72 ST does. Sounds like something specific to just the ST to me for what ever reason.

Back