When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Maroon Schwinn Crusier 5?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bonsaimtb

On Training Wheels
I don't know much about this bike..its looks like its a early mtn bike to me. Any idea what this this/was made for and what it could be worth..its in decent shape..needs a tune up bad..and has somescratches on the top tube..but over all after being cleaned up it looks like it would be in decent to good shape...What are these things worth has it sits..any ideas?...thanks in advance?

These were some of the last Chicago-built Schwinns. The bike started out as the Klunker 5 but due to some copyright issues with the name Klunker, they had to change it to Cruiser 5. It is both. It's a tribute to the early MTBs at the same time as being a 5-speed around-towner.

These bikes are pretty hot right now and if it's all there and in decent shape, you can expect a couple hundred for it without much effort.

Thanks Promo :) Its all there..the only real problem is the top tube has a few big scratches and alot of light rust around the bike...but its all there..everything. I saw a few for sale that where in excellent shape and they are asking $750 for them...I figured I could get 200 for the way it sits...now I have to decide to fix it up or sell as is...Thanks again for the info :)

Spitfire 5 was in between klunker and cruiser 5. I've owned all but got rid of my spitfires.

Oh yea, don't forget the California cruiser that started it all.

Last edited:
Back