When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed new departure

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dropacent

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_9978.PNG
greetings, I am installing a new departure 2 speed rear axle, and could use some help. This unit was purchased off the CABE as a NOS complete unit. It is very nice, but some of the parts when received were obviously used, but still in good shape. I paid top dollar , disappointed , but I'm looking forward, not backwards. There is obviously something missing on the small unit that screws on the end of the axle. Is there an inside pin of some sort ? and if so, a sketch or dimensions would be very helpful. I am adding a diagram of the parts. The part in question is #39, the actuator. Mine does not have a long enough reach to activate the inside rod, and I am assuming there is perhaps a small part missing. Thanks for any help. You can reach me direct at [email protected].

There are two different actuators, early 37-39? and later 40? and after (not sure of the years) one has a pin (later) and one does not (early).

Thanks John, that's very helpful. If that's the case, it appears I have an actuator without a pin. Anyone interested in trading for the one I need? I'll add a picture of mine later tonight.

I might have one. The cable is different too. Post a picture of what you have so I can see the condition.

Last edited:
I did not know there was two different actuators. I had to add a pin to my 2 speed on my 1938 Schwinn Autocycle. These are kind of a pain to set up. I can never keep the shifter tight.

Back