When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed new departure

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You have an extra bearing retainer, and your actuator is for the axle with the external spring.
Here is mine, one that @rustjunkie is talking about....

IMG_0701.JPG

File5.jpg

Is what is pictured all you have? If so, you're missing the driver...

Chad
Is what is pictured all you have? If so, you're missing the driver...

Chad
thanks Chad, working through it and the parts sheet, I determined it is missing the driver, so searching for one now, too. Also, I cannot figure how to install the small cone ball retainer. I can put loose .220 ball bearings in there, but do not think that is right.

Not trying to take the side of the seller, whomever that is, but it does look close to NOS and complete to me...
Chris
The nuts and the cable pulley is NOS. Possibly the large sprocket , although looking closely shows some wear. All the other parts show wear. I did a lot of clean up on the axle already. The triple gears and retainer were used, but very nice. I'm beyond the nitpicking, just would like to get it assembled now. I paid a NOS , complete price. Sadly, the seller will not return emails. I guess I'll be more careful in the future, and really appreciate buying what I need to finish it up now. [email protected] if anyone has the needed parts. Thanks!

You get it all together and then hope it doesn't skip. I had to buy 8 of them to get 5 of them to work decently.

The nuts and the cable pulley is NOS. Possibly the large sprocket , although looking closely shows some wear. All the other parts show wear. I did a lot of clean up on the axle already. The triple gears and retainer were used, but very nice. I'm beyond the nitpicking, just would like to get it assembled now. I paid a NOS , complete price. Sadly, the seller will not return emails. I guess I'll be more careful in the future, and really appreciate buying what I need to finish it up now. [email protected] if anyone has the needed parts. Thanks!

Scott has the driver on eBay for less than $20. But it is a blackout wartime version. It'll get you going. Just doesn't match.:oops:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-bic...946564?hash=item465fcc7904:g:9ccAAOSwr~lYo5a5

Chad

Last edited:
The actuator looks like a cross between a later style and the early style. Did someone rivet a postwar control cable adjustment screw on a prewar actuator? That's what it looks like.

The actuator looks like a cross between a later style and the early style. Did someone rivet a postwar control cable adjustment screw on a prewar actuator? That's what it looks like.

I've had different "from the factory" combinations over the years, with small and large threads for the different cables and for both types of axles.

Back