When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30 Years of Pre-war Schwinn Collecting - create album help needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

webbikes

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm re-joining the CABE, back from the Richard Truett days. I'm a newbie here, but not to the hobby. Could use some help / instruction on how to create albums. The only way I've been able to figure out how to upload photos is in a thread. Any help is much appreciated...

Here are some of the bikes I've picked up over the past 30 years that are in my current collection. Probably had 150-200 bikes go through my hands to get down to a collection of 25 or so. All of these are unrestored originals (aside from a small handful of rechromed parts - no repaints)

-Scott

lincolns.JPG

Autocycles.JPG

Aero1.JPG

IMGP1902.JPG

IMGP1912.JPG

bikerm2.JPG

653.JPG
019.JPG
671.JPG

1151.JPG

...and here's all the original tags, literature and documentation with this ranger (actually, all I could fit in the frame, there's more correspondence with Stewart Warner and Schwinn from the original owner's family in the 1970's)

1152.JPG

This could get interesting...Welcome!
Being a Schwinn guy, if you've got a set of black/white autocycle fenders with flat braces, please let me know.
Chris

This could get interesting...Welcome!
Being a Schwinn guy, if you've got a set of black/white autocycle fenders with flat braces, please let me know.
Chris

I've only had one '36 AutoCycle over the years. It was complete minus the thick speedo cable (had the later thinner one), ~6 condition original paint in black & white, and I think I sold it in the late '90's for a ridiculously low amount (by today's standards). I don't have any '36 AC parts.

I actually don't sell much. Maybe 2 or 3 bikes in the past 10 years on eBay, which I can't stand... I've thinned out my collections to just "keepers"

Latest addition, and possibly my final bike purchase unless a nice original paint '35 Cycleplane ever comes up. This is courtesy of Bob Ujszaszi's tremendous respect for the historical significance of this piece of art by correctly re-constituting an original paint bike that had been parted out (except for the painted parts which stayed together). Bob, you're the Jedi Master of the hobby! @bobcycles

I'm going to do some (very selective) upgrading of a few chromed parts (of course, no re-chromed stuff), do a total detail rebuild (polish, true wheels, re-grease) to bring it to perfect riding condition. If someone can tell me how to create an album, I'll take detailed "after" photos of her and post them here.

BTW - the people commenting here on the value of this bike, or (lack of) rarity based on color may not have an appreciation for this spectrum of the market. (IMO), a rare color scheme original paint AutoCycle, Motorbike, or Aerocycle commands a significant premium over a black/cream or burgundy/cream bike of the same condition.

40 AC Blue.jpg

Back