When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59(?) Wasp With Solid Rubber Tires?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ChattyMatty

Look Ma, No Hands!
Ok CABE'rs, trying to sort this one out before possibly driving six hours (each way) to pick it up. Appears to be a 59-61 Wasp (they're working on getting me the serial) with odd bars and the real head scratcher, those solid rubber tires. The Spoke spread in the rims has me thinking they came off something non-Schwinn, but dunno. Any better eyeballers out there than me? That gi-normous front hub mean anything to anyone?

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

I guess the real question is was this a Schwinn option, or something pulled from some department store bike in the 60's? :) Almost looks like the wheels were spray-bombed white before they were put on. Bike belongs to the mother of a childhood friend who's on his way to visit, so I'll have better info soon.

I've seen the solid tires in period ads,but don't remember ever seeing them in a schwinn catalog.those wheels don't look like S2's.

I kinda dig those solid tires, if they are not too valuable and decent enough to ride Id be interested in em. I like different :D

Pretty much what I was thinking. Was a random shot that the tires were something kooky. The rims remind me more of some sort of light duty motorcycle/moped type rim. And that big front hub is just odd. Especially since it started with the usual "there's one just like it on ebay for $500 when I was thinking something south of the $300 I'd expect to pay for an original paint frame and springer fork. My gas would be about equal to shipping, but really just an excuse for a road trip lol.

Back