When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59 White Corvette

-
For some reason, whatever white Schwinn used in the late 50s-mid 60s really deteriorates compared to any of the other colors!

White vette

For some reason, whatever white Schwinn used in the late 50s-mid 60s really deteriorates compared to any of the other colors!

I agree, even the white Cotten Picker Krates did not seam to hold up very well.

Here is a shot of my white 59 vette original paint and screens/decals :) Jeff

Attachments

• DSC01583..JPG
    DSC01583..JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Picture 324.jpg
    Picture 324.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I agree I also have a Cotton Picker and the white looks crappy compared to similar age Schwinns I have in the same relative condition. v/r Shawn
I agree, even the white Cotten Picker Krates did not seam to hold up very well.

Here is a shot of my white 59 vette original paint and screens/decals :) Jeff

well,i'm officially a member of the white vette club.currently disassembled from shipping.i'll post some pics when i get it together.slow going due to limited space right now.

Congrats! From what I can tell this will be a fairly exclusive club. As a note of interest while looking through the literature I notice the Corvette was also offered in a 24" version. Anyone ever seen a 24" white Corvette? Now that would be rare! v/r Shawn

White Corvette

Here's one I got from a scrapper in Detroit in the fall of 2010.

I saw a pair Corvette/FairLady on eBay last spring and they didn't meet the reserve. Topped out somewhere around $800.

Rare? Sure I guess but as with any bike, to get top dollar you have to find the guy that really wants one.

100_4162-1.jpg

I got a 24 inch Corvette, in blue. I do have a pic, it has a 2 speed kick back. Mitch
24inchcorvette.jpg

Rare? Sure I guess but as with any bike, to get top dollar you have to find the guy that really wants one.

Most times, something is rare because it did not sell well when first offerred. In other words it was not well liked, popular or desireable. ;)

i know when i was a kid,i couldn't and wouldn't own a white bicycle.it wouldn't stay white for long.add an unpopular color to a color that didn't last,and you have rarity.i only know of 6 white vettes now.one is just a frameset.
now that i said that,they'll pop up everywhere :rolleyes:
here's a pic of mine all cleaned up and put together along with my next cleaning project.a white 60 fairlady.these bikes are all original,untouched examples that have been sitting most their lives.i picked up the fairlady locally and it had been in a garage since 1964.

Attachments

• HPIM0726.JPG
    HPIM0726.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 223
  • HPIM0727.JPG
    HPIM0727.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 222
  • HPIM0728.JPG
    HPIM0728.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 235
  • HPIM0729.JPG
    HPIM0729.JPG