When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'61 Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OK FEDEX really "F'd" the box up. Looks like they really didn't care. but I did have insurance on it so we'll have to see how that goes. Looks like the front fender and the badge took the hit.
Curious what I should pay for them.
thanks in advance!

Thanks GT! I may up my bid now.
Question is the 3 speed fender...is it different that any others? a seller shows it as a 3 speed so just wanted to be sure

OK FEDEX really "F'd" the box up. Looks like they really didn't care. but I did have insurance on it so we'll have to see how that goes. Looks like the front fender and the badge took the hit.
Curious what I should pay for them.
thanks in advance!

Welcome to the club. I've had two or three such situations in the past couple years. Fed Ex, at least here, really has started beating up the boxes that come to my place.

Bummer is that these guys don't care...and should! we all need income but then I think that some think they are entitled.
Here are some of the pics of the box. It even appears that someone tried to repair it.
Glad I bought some insurance!
I just upped my ebay bid so please beware...I need that one or at least think that I do.
G
IMG_9695.JPG
IMG_9696.JPG
IMG_9698.JPG
IMG_9699.JPG
IMG_9700.JPG

PS, Gt;
I agree but then again if insurance would reimburse me I may need to purchase one just to get a value.
I have a buffing wheel and some tools to straighten the stainless for my '52 Pontiac so if I really need to I may give it a go. And then again this is a chapter in the life of this Schwinn so maybe the fenders need to stay especially if not perfect.

I won't dismiss any mishandling by FedX, but to me that box looks like it's been around the block a couple times. Judging by the discolored packing tape from a previous shipper I'd say that cardboard is old and that box should not have been used. The rips in the box look like they were taped up by the person that shipped your bike. FedX is our main carrier for the company and I have never seen a damaged box repaired by them. UPS Freight just dumped one of our new machines in a wood crate and cracked the main block housing along with bending up a mess of the feeding system. An easy $1200 not counting return/return shipping. We install "Tip and Tell" indicators and the indicator worked showing that the machine was dumped. No visible damage to the wood crate so the buyer just signed off and now there is no way to collect any insurance. The buyer should have made the carrier wait until he made a complete inspection of the machine for any damage. UPS was delivering a machine to us from one of our customers and it was going to get a total rebuild. When the UPS driver rolled up his door I saw the machine laying face down, it was dumped. I made the driver wait for quite a while I totally uncrated it and made a complete damage report.

I hope you can recoup some cash for the damage. As I look at that old used box, I'm tempted to say that FedX might refuse any refunds since the bike was not safely packaged in a suitable box. Good luck and let us know the end result.

I don't think its all FED EX'S issues. Just by looking that box should not of been shipped. You might not be able to claim any damages from them. It might have happened before your incedent.

I started using a before pic on everything I send out. That way I have a record of it..So far everything arrived pretty much as before but at least I'm covered..And my buyer is covered.

Let us know..Will help in my future deals..

Thanks, all good advice.
I'll contact Hub Bicycle, MA and get a statement from them about the packaging and condition of the box prior to the pickup.

Still not that bad the rest of the bike looks good and overall I am happy with the outcome providing I can find a badge for reasonable price. I am starting the claim but since I only paid $202.52 for the bike, I will need to keep my request reasonable....and the badge looks to be worth about 1/2 of what I paid for the whole bike! I am hoping to repair the fender as GT suggested.
Everything in life is a gamble & so this goes.

Hub Bicycle stated that the box left their location in good condition They stated that there were no tape repairs and that this exterior damage occurred in transit. I had them send me this statement in an email and I forwarded that email to Bike Flights.
I have had other packages sent through FEDEX that have been repaired by them in transit and I have one repackaged by them.
Here is a pic prior to when it left their location.
IMG_3001 (2).jpg

Kinda looks like FEDEX played Basket Ball with it!

Last edited:
Back