When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Typhoon Custom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike

Look Ma, No Hands!
Like to share some pictures of my bike, it rides really nice. I'm relatively new to this so can anybody explain to me what a bike should look like to be a rat rod or clunker? Or what's the difference between
the two?

Thanks, Mike

20160713_202834.jpg
20160713_202618.jpg
20160713_202816.jpg
] Like to share some pictures of my bike, it rides really nice. I'm relatively new to this so can anybody explain to me what a bike should look like to be a rat rod or clunker? Or what's the difference between
the two?

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
waiting for the pics.
A klunker is what the first mountain bikes that were usually made from old balloon tire bikes were called, Also schwinn made a 5 speed balloon tire bike in the late 70's and early 80's called the "KLUNKER" A "rat rod" is any bike you build from parts of other bikes to make it look the way you like

Last edited:
waiting for the pics.
A klunker is what the first mountain bikes that were usually made from old balloon tire bikes were called, Also schwinn made a 5 speed balloon tire bike in the late 70's thanks for the explanation then I guess I have a rat rod I also read posted the post with pictures early 80's called the "KLUNKER"
waiting for the pics.
A klunker is what the first mountain bikes that were usually made from old balloon tire bikes were called, Also schwinn made a 5 speed balloon tire bike in the late 70's and early 80's called the "KLUNKER" A "rat rod" is any bike you build from parts of other bikes to make it look the way you like

waiting for the pics.
Thanks for the explanation then I guess I have a rat rod I reposted the post with pictures thanks Mike

It's my understanding that the Cali boys called their stripped down pieced together bikes Clunkers, and Schwinn coined the name spelling Klunker on that short lived name for their 5 speed "Beach Cruiser". I'm not to sure I'd call a bike a rat rod. That started out as a name used for pieced together cars. Big argument over that years ago since a bike is not considered a Rod.

Very nice looking bike and calling it a Custom Rat would be my choice.

rat-rod-14.jpg

Great looking bike!
Too pretty for klunker IMO, plus you'd have to lose the lights and guard (maybe..)
I guess I'd call it a Custom...not very ratty, in a good way !

Here's my most recent "Rat" for comparison..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back