When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture is worth 10,000 words

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
140606_SCI_DDAY.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Canadian soldiers from 9th Brigade land on June 6, 1944, with their bicycles at Juno Beach in Bernieres-sur-Mer during D-Day. An understanding of tides helped change the tide of war.

That's the cropped photo. I've seen the full one and it's just as amazing. I'll see if I can find it

I found this one as well. Same boat but a different camera, different angle, different lens, and a different location.

21ca79804b8ab0e70d3b93b4a85ebef2.jpg

I do however think the picture in the first post is a cropped version of this picture.

CRiajUM.jpg
I think you are correct

I rode one of those for years ( 1980's) albeit not 100% original. Mine was brushed red ( it came incomplete when I got it) and so I ran 28" rims with all white rubber pneumatic tires. I had a coaster brake, and standard ( no folding) pedals. The bottom bracket hardware, and much of the headset cones etc, bore the BSA three rifles logo. I was a sales rep that traveled in a van with it folded along with some wares, and fishing gear, guitar, cooler, and rode it religiously after a day on the road in many cool quaint small towns and lake resorts in late afternoon/evenings after work. Eventually I sold it along with a spare frame, but have great memories of that bike. It was quite a conversation piece for sure. I was told they were available off and on in the early 1970's at our local Army Surplus store here in Winnipeg, Canada. Great pictures and history, Thanks!

Back