When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Question About Schwinn Wasps

-
If you look at the 1959 Price Sheet down at the bottom where it says Sundrys, it shows that the springer fork can be ordered on the B-12, S-11 and S-61 models. The Wasp's model number is B-12 so the springer can be a factory option on the Wasp.

If you look at the 1959 Price Sheet down at the bottom where it says Sundrys, it shows that the springer fork can be ordered on the B-12, S-11 and S-61 models. The Wasp's model number is B-12 so the springer can be a factory option on the Wasp.
Thank you very much for the info I didn't see that

As a matter of fact, they did!!!
CRIM0001-3.jpg

Buying a schwinn was like buying a car back in the day. If it was available, it could be added to your bike.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not a 59 but my 56 has one. Couldn't the dealer install anything you wanted to add to a bicycle if you wanted it? I love old wasps!
image.jpeg

A Schwinn Dealer could add/change just about anything on your bike at your request. There were only certain limited options that could actually be added to specific models from the factory. The Wasp started out as the Meteor in 1953 and it was more or less an unequipped base model but it could be factory ordered with some nice upgrades. I believe the 1962 models were factory upgraded with standard truss rods.

Last edited:
Back