When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

advice on what this Fisher is worth?

-

cs2eye

On Training Wheels
this is an old, pretty well used Fisher Montare. probably '87 or '88 vintage. it's been in my basement and i used it for commuting for several years. can anyone advise me if its worth selling? and what i could get for it - if anything. i've been reading that these old Fishers may be worth something, and i assume if anything is worth something its the frame. the fork/stem are original, but were repainted.

any direction, advise is appreciated!

thanks
cs

photo 2-1_SML.jpg

I don't think it is worth a lot. Most collectors want the earlier fillet brazed Fishers or unique models like the CR7 or the Alymbic (spelling?), or the Grateful Dead Bike. The Montare might have been the first Fish made in the Orient.

What He said. ^^^^

Considering 80's Fishers, for the most part I would only seek out the USA built fillet brazed Mt Tam and avoid the asian built frames. That said, the Montare is a high end model and came with nice components. Can't tell by your picture but it could be a good donor bike.

Back