When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ross

Finally riding a big boys bike
cb661f36b312832ecdaf882d233537bd.jpg
. Long pinstripes on this American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like those fork pins on the 50's bikes. Another neat detail that faded away in the 60's.

the 2 speed and rim brakes were standard from the factory for 2 years of the american,they were anoption for many early years as wall,there were variuos fork clamps depending on what fork you had,also different cable lenghts for the grakes and 2 speed,i have a set on my 49 phantom and 2 americans that have them,somewhat hard to find complete,the setup for the tubular or springer are the hardest to find,alot of the pieces are marked schwinn including the pads which are marked schwinn and are harder than caliper pads,uses the same brake handle as the front drum brake,except thehandle is for the left side so the schwinn script is on the outside of the left handle

Last edited:
This was Chucks old bike, 10 degrees the day we picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That brake set up came on the 55 thru 58 model Americans while the other geared bikes had the non American made Weinmann brakes.

Back