When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Ideas On This One?

-

Dkg

On Training Wheels
Any information is appreciated. According to the serial number, this was manufactured in 1957. I have not been able to find this in any of the catalogues.
Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Start your search later than Y2k. I'm not so sure the head badge is even original to the bike. Is there a model name on the chain guard?
The last digit on the head badge looks like a 7, so possibly a 2007?

Those araya rims? Looks just like a boys version of a Schwinn lil chik I just redid for a customer, same fenders too....Shimano rear hub? I think its later....like 80's

The angles of that frame looks like a Pixie. Most of them have duel top bars, but it's the same angles, except yours looks like a 20" bike That fork ain't no regular Schwinn and those rims look like the china alloy types. In the late 90's Schwinn was making several different frames with similar angles so, maybe it's an off beat little chick thingy 1997.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I actually purchased it at a garage sale back in 1999 for $10.00. The seller told me it was very old, and since I know nothing about bikes, I thought it was a good deal!

If those are Araya hoops, then those are going to be the most valuable part of the entire bike. BMX guys like those rims. The rest of the bike is Taiwan, late 80s or 1990s era. Good for kids to bash on, but in no way collectable.
Cheers, Geoff

I took a closer look....on the Schwinn plate the numbers are 0737. Then stamped into the frame near the schwinn plate--- 7E70757

Again, any ideas???
Thanks, everyone!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The thing is, it's too new. Nobody has bothered to list serial number codes for newer Schwinn bikes. the numbers on the frame are when it was built and accordingly, China used a different numbering system and the numbers on the badge are when it was completed. Frame build and completion dates can vary from months to a year or so, the badge is more important than frame code. The top number is the year. So, 7 is either 87, 97, or 2007. 073 is March 14, the 73rd day of the year (74th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar.; There's nothing in the catalogs for this style, even in 87-97. But they did not always have every single model in them. Heck, for all we know, it may not even be a Schwinn too, except for 2 things, the frame serial number placement is about right and welded on kickstand. . But everything else is odd, rims, fork, no decals or stickers, the fork's bearing cups and the seat post should not be painted blue, handle bar stem is half paint half not, the peddles are more warn than paint, ect..

and the bottom line here is it's, #1, >> the least collectible; girls, and since Schwinn went to china, they're even less, unless it's a desired version of the cruiser line, or falls into the boy's BMX group that's rare or dam tough to find. . Peps hardly like the lightweight 10, and 12 speeds, made in Japan from the early 70's to 84-5 and since the mid 1980's made in China,, it's worse. And to add to all that, it's not even in Schwinn's catalogs?

Whelp you're in luck, I found a version of it for ya. so, presumably your bike is a 1987 type of a Schwinn girls bike, but this does not have the same badge. It's on ebay, and like so many other people who think that everything Schwinn is collectible hence valueable, he/she wants $125 bucks for it.. He'll never get that, unless luck to the draw comes along and some lady wants her childhood bike back.. probably 1 out off 50,000 odds or worse: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=262203072892

There's also another version in Schwinn girls BMX line, predator but, your fork is the cheap butt style like this and the predator frame has rear facing drop outs so it's NOT a girls predator too. I.E. take the wheels off and anything salvageable and trash it. or. give it to a deserving little girl. [wink]
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Back