When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone repair glass reflector?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have a 1 1/2" Persons - Majestic Mfg. Co. glass reflector. The mounting bolt has been ruined - loose in the mount and cut short. Looks great in the front, not so much in the back.
Anyone able to repair this?

Mike

I "repaired" 2 reflectors this weekend. The mounting bolt on the persons 219 had fallen out due to wiggling or bending on the rear fender. The wald reflector mounting bolt had been broken off or cut short before I got it. Anyway I was able to carefully pry the edges first with a tiny flathead screwdriver then with a thin butter knife using both the sharper tip and the blunt bottom of the knife. I added jb weld between the bolt head, a washer behind the mounting plate and on the front of the mounting plate and a nut to hold the bolt in good and tight. It may stick out a bit more with the nut but the mounting bolts dang sure won't wiggle loose now.

20210616_122645.jpg

20210618_170259.jpg

20210618_170129.jpg

20210618_171243.jpg

20210618_170944.jpg

Back