When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Seen This One Before?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jaypem

Finally riding a big boys bike
20160626_181325.jpg

20160626_181111.jpg
20160626_181130.jpg

20160626_181120.jpg

A guy in my neighborhood has this bike.
At first glance I thought it was a frankenbuild from way back (he got it in 1972) now I'm wondering if it's something original?

American frame, s7 rims, tractor tires, heavy duty spokes with a cycle truck style front hub, heavy duty seat...looks like an industrial bike of some sort....?

Looks like a HD American with a swapped out chain guard, sporting an American Deluxe guard.

Rats :D

I've got a 1972 heavy duty, the spokes on the bike above are thicker with really fat nipples.
The front hub is thicker than mine as well, its just like the front hub on my 60's CT..

What was the first year for the Heavy Duty and would it have been built on an American frame?
Is the serial # a '63?

The American HD had 120 spokes and the Heavy Duti had 105 spokes. Also, it didn't use the Bendix but used the Union front hub.

The Heavy-Duti came out for the 65 model year.

Thanks GTs58!
The above bike has a bendix front hub, looks like anAmerican HD, yeah?
Pretty cool, I was not aware this model even existed...is it possible the springer was an original option?
Does anyone have any catalog links ?

Back