When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

-
I guess no one wants to help you, Gary, educate people about this model bike. You would think they would. I agree, the registry needs to be made a sticky, here.

another CORVETTE

I bought this s-speed to deliver the san jose mercury.....still ridin'

009.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

I want to thank all of you for documenting this bike. The old Schwinn workers and owners would be proud. Retired workers met for breakfast in the 1990's before they all died off. I should have recorded their old stories. Ray

Hobo Bill I bought this s-speed to deliver the san jose mercury.....still ridin'[/QUOTE said:

Thanks for posting your pictures! Pretty uncommon for someone to still have the bike they purchased 54 years ago. You are one of two that I know of that are original owners that still has their original Corvette 5 speed. The other is novavettnut, and he did a full on resto of his Black Corvette a few years ago. He also used that bike to deliver newspapers

Last edited:
Just came across a fairly new video on Youtube submitted by Beastly82Fox. Seems he's a Muscle Bike collector that found a Corvette 5 speed at a yard sale and he uses it for his rider. Anyone know if he is a member here, I need to get the serial number on his bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxJeXw4y0ks

I would like to add a Corvette 5 speed to my small collection. There are a few for sale in Indiana but I would like to find one in the Chicagoland area. Anyone have any idea where I can find one? PM me if you do...

Now with the new 24 hour limit on editing a post any new additions to the list (Registry) will be impossible. This stinks!

Problem solved. Thanks Dave!

Last edited:
For sure I know vincev, greenephantom and schwinnbikebobb are and I'm looking for anyone else that has this model. I have a Registry for this bike and would really like to add your Corvette 5 to the list. Also, a buddy is planning on getting the hard to find alloy spoke protectors reproduced and we need to get at least thirty interested parties before he forks out the cash to get the dies made.

If you are interested in adding your Corvette to the registry or buying a pie plate please let me know!

Gary
I own a 61 Corvette that was restored by Glen Brown of San Clemente California. Serial #K152756 , you may add to the registry. Here are some pictures to, Thanks Mike
I guess no one wants to help you, Gary, educate people about this model bike. You would think they would. I agree, the registry needs to be made a sticky, here.

1454270141863-1055425721.jpg

Back