When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention All Schwinn Dudes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Obi-Wan Schwinnobi

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I'm going to tackle a Schwinn primer of sorts for everyone to be able to identify their rides and the bits on them. Any and all help to put together said sticky will be greatly appreciated. Photos will be needed!. First off, I need clean photos of all generations of drum brakes, cables, cable bits and handles. Rear and front alike. Pat pending stamps too. I would also like the measurements between spools since tandems are slightly wider. Second to start this with, I will need springer side profiles. The curves have changed a few times. Prewar and postwar. Truss rod diameter also. Lengths of head tubes and legs ect... I have some of this info, but it's in a schwinn Jornal I started that got lost in the "move". Remember to send me the year that the fork came off of. I think there are 5 total main changes. If you have the tall frame variants please also include those. Third, prewar vs postwar racks....I need measurements of 6 hole width difference. The difference in pre and post 9 holes. Also there are some 6 hole repops floating around. I know there is a difference in the reflector mount and If someone that has one, please take photos so we can do a side by side. There will be more things I'll add to it but let's start with this. My email is [email protected] and if you just want to text me a photo my number is 303 907 9854. Thank you for your help. Think it would be nice to have some id features for the newbs and the old guys alike.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Any other info anyone wants to add please do. Especially if it's repop vs og.....please include pics.... think og schwinn sweetheart sprocket vs colson ect.... or drop center profiles. Deluxe chainrings and how they have changed from sawblade to embossed

Last edited:
Wiring diagrams... fender widths, fender mounting tabs and when they changed. handlebars, that stuff... nothing past 55 on this please

Your bit'n off a big chunk there. I started the brake article with help from Marty and Kim. I have a bunch of pics but am lacking the measurements. I can send you what I started and maybe you can help us finish this instead of re-inventing the wheel. V/r Shawn

Your bit'n off a big chunk there. I started the brake article with help from Marty and Kim. I have a bunch of pics but am lacking the measurements. I can send you what I started and maybe you can help us finish this instead of re-inventing the wheel. V/r Shawn
Sounds good

Do you have the two big lever differences in picture form?

Do you have the two big lever differences in picture form?

Are you talking the stamped steel levers--shorty and '40 long? I think I also have pics of the ND lever to show the difference from Schwinn. V/r Shawn

Back