When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autocycle question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

phantom

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
What is the last year straight bar Autocycle? Also, is there a non Deluxe model IE: painted S'2s and truss rods but still with the streamline headlight? Thank you, another era that I am not too familiar with.

1938 was the last catalogued year for the fully equipped straightbar Autocycle.
1942 Schwinn offered the model BA97 with painted fender braces, trussrods & rims, also included was a painted Fenderlight.

The truss rods and fender braces were painted in addition to the wheels? Thank you for the info

1938 was the last catalogued year for the fully equipped straightbar Autocycle.
1942 Schwinn offered the model BA97 with painted fender braces, trussrods & rims, also included was a painted Fenderlight.

Well technically, the straight bar Autocycle went until probably 49ish... fully equipped BA107s like my old 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking about the pogo saddle, fender bomb, twin head lights, crossbar speedo,
fully equipped Autocycle of the prewar era.
The postwar Autocycle had a horn and a light.

I wish they had dropped the name Autocycle in the postwar years just to ease some of the confusion between the luxurious prewar models and the run of the mill postwar models.
But, that's just me.

I was talking about the pogo saddle, fender bomb, twin head lights, crossbar speedo,

I wish they had dropped the name Autocycle in the postwar years just to ease some of the confusion between the luxurious prewar models and the run of the mill postwar models.
But, that's just me.

I dunno... full tilt bogie 46 is a thing of beauty [emoji41]

e40266e7acd05b5fc0f4003b1817956a.jpg

But, that's just me.

Marty,
I'm with you on that,
I always correct Bob that's an ordinary post war B6 and not an Autocycle ! Yes I tell him that.

Sure there are some unusual early Postwar B6's
that he has raved about.

However Prewar Autocycles are the only Autocycles in my book.

Back