When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autocycle question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.jpeg
That's why I like the 41 Super Deluxe.
You get a little bit of both era's in one bike.
image.jpeg

The truss rods and fender braces were painted in addition to the wheels? Thank you for the info
This bike is a 1942 model that has all of its trim painted.
The literature stated that the tanks, racks, fender lights and SB type handlebars would only be available while supplies last.
One thing that I always found interesting, was that the literature said, the Torrington U bar would be supplied in place, when the SB type bar was no longer available.
I've never seen an original Schwinn built bike supplied with a U bar, but if you ever wanted to put one on, you would be within the realm of possibilities to put it on a 1942 model bike.
image.jpeg

Original paint and chrome, Wes.

By 1950, a bike that came with painted rims would probably not of had the Streamline Fenderlight.
Most likely, it would of had a top load Torpedo or a Rocket Ray.

You have a 1950 panther frame ... someone repainted it and put that Autocycle decal on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.... I would agree that it started life as a Panther and in addition to the decal they swapped the springer fork with truss rods and fenders from perhaps a Streamliner.

Back