When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Find: 1962 Jaguar Mark 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
Really not a Schwinn guy, but this Coppertone Jaguar Mark 5, was part of a grouping I had to buy to get the bikes I wanted. Cleaned up pretty good! Does show some minor bumps and bruises, but overall is a nice bike. Features the 2 speed kick back hub, and the original Schwinn tires are in nice shape. The original pedals for the bike were included, nice all original Schwinn. (last pic of serial number, was before clean up)
***Was planning on having this for sale at our next bike function, and was hoping for some input on what it's worth. Thanks.***

20161024_113930.jpg

20161024_114002.jpg
20161022_133657.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very nice 2 year only Jag I would say anywhere from 6 to 800 I have one the same color it's showing in the show us your slim line tank forum the All Chrome Springer front end makes this bicycle unique

It's beautiful! however, GT is right about the year model... an example of a frame number stamped on a drop-out tab and number recorded in October '62; finish product for sale as a 1963 year model. [Do you want to know the pieces that have been swapped out/or/robbed?] Rear Rack, Pedals, Headlamp.

Clear photo here: http://waterfordbikes.com/SchwinnCat/flschwinn_1961_1970/1963dlr_Jaguar.jpg

I only wish someone would force me to take 'all' and all would clean-up like this!

Thanks, in my hast I must have miss read date chart. To GTs58 and all who took a moment to help, I much appreciate it. This is why I posted it. Now I have a base to go by, great info guys. As I stated above, the original pedals were included with the bike. Will get them on, and let him go like it is, I'll let the next owner deal with the rack, shouldn't be a tough find, for some reason I was thinking the racks were options in these years on the middle weights.

Last edited:
Thanks, in my hast I must have miss read date chart. To GTs58 and all who took a moment to help, I much appreciate it. This is why I posted it. Now I have a base to go by, great info guys. As I stated above, the original pedals were included with the bike. Will get them on, and let him go like it is, I'll let the next owner deal with the rack, shouldn't be a tough find, for some reason I was thinking the racks were options in these years on the middle weights.

You read the serial number chart correctly, the number was stamped on the dropout component in October 1962. The date associated with the serial is the day the number was stamped and it does not tell you when that dropout was used to build a frame or when the bike was built. The norm for the next model year change over will usually have serial numbers starting in November.

Back