When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been in my family since the 70's - Streamline Aerocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just started my Dad's 1936 Cycleplane...lots of good help here. Nice bike!!

Ahhhh...the “affordable” 1936 Cycleplane...another legendary beauty!

The Aero Cycle first appeared in early 30s. I believe 1934.
There was a “depression” & not many folks could afford it.

Schwinn’s answer: the Cycleplane.

Share photos when possible. It’s nice to see how the project is coming along.
Thanks.

Fantastic original Aerocycle! Thank you for sharing your photos and story.

I don't know my Aeros that well and am probably wrong but I thought I was told that the fork stop on the frame under the tank was an early 36 thing before it was phased out of production. I've seen a Lincoln decal on the front fender like your Excelsior decal which I think is a very cool period detail and not seen very often. Looks to me like a seat, horn button and gangway horn is all it needs to be complete - most of the super-rare parts are there.

I hope the bike gets corrected and preserved but not restored so I can see more photos of it later, just my worthless self-serving opinion. See one good Aerocycle restoration you've seen 'em all. ;) Who am I kidding, I would take one in any condition. Not the best riders for a guy my size but still a bicycle I would like to eventually own.

One uber rare part missing is the tail light lens. Last one I think brought better than $500--yea just the lens! I'm not sure about the fork stop thing. I believe there are documented earlier bikes that have these as well. V/r Shawn

One thing to keep in mind is that these products were, for the most part, aimed at a
young generation. Kids were thrilled just to own one regardless if the fork was not correct
or the light was from another model.
That the striping was hand-painted and slightly varied from one factory worker to another
or some parts may have been used from previous year's overstock, was not a main
concern.

As long as mom & dad were buying them for junior was the main priority.
It is in part for these and similar instances by the manufacturers that has caused more
debate today as to what is correct or original to a specific model.
Also taking into account that they were delivered in cartons.

If there were modifications while assembling either by the local shop or the customer
has added to the confusion.
And the “boys from marketing” were not accurate sometimes in depicting
the bicycle in their ads as to what was being built in the Chicago plant.

Last edited:
Back