When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Behold! A Pale Horse...

-

bairdco

I live for the CABE
Picked up this Husky Industrial bike for $125 on sunday.

Sat around most of the day in what I call the "creative staring" mode, thinking up ideas.

20160229_090020.jpg

On monday, I went to work on it. Junked most of the parts, tossed the frame and fork in the sandblaster, and dug thru my piles of parts.

Laced up some worksman wheels after their turn in the blaster, and started on the forks, bars, etc.

Over the next three days I chopped and welded up some truss rods, modified some handlebars, destroyed some rod brake phillips bars, added a coaster brake bracket, mechanical limkage for the front drum brake, chopped the seat tube at the top tube and made a custom layback post, then sandblasted every single part and sprayed it all with a matte clear so it's colourless. Hence the "pale horse" name.

3 days, start to finish (I get obsessed sometimes,) and this bomb-proof flat tracker is finished...

20160304_121558.jpg
20160304_121703.jpg
20160304_121736.jpg

20160304_121655.jpg

That's cool, and I bet it stops with authority! It think you need a rear drum to balance it out.

Thanks guys. Not exactly an old bike, but it has the look of one. And rides awesome!

Back