When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix hub rebuild question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
image.jpg
Getting ready to rebuild the Bendix( OG) hub on my 46 DX. My question is: would this be all grease or grease bearings and oil shoes? It does have an oil port on the hub. Probably all grease application but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Bottom of page 142 in the Schwinn service manual has your answer. You'll need to scroll backward a couple of pages to get to page 142 from the following link:

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-service-manual-volume-1.81415/#post-507576

The manual says basically grease everything and possibly oil on the shoes. I always just use brake grease going lightly on the shoes and that has seemed to work for me.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks guys. Yeah I rebuilt it yesterday using only grease. Light on the inside of the shell and brake shoes. Stops and coasts beautifully now.

Back