When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bet You Have Never Seen This Before.... Bike Discs!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
I was looking over a 1941 popular science magazine and I saw this. Old bike ad for "bike discs" ....on a Schwinn bike ....looks like a c model tanker. no chain guard? big old delta fender light. Now this is rare stuff right here.....

arnold s.jpg

arnold s2.jpg

Kool, but I'm not sure I agree with it taking the work(shock) away from the spokes.....
It may help keep the wheel from distorting in an impact to some extent, but spokes? It would have to ride on the axle or attach directly to the hub to keep shock off spokes.

Bri,
yeah i hear that....the bmx phase in the 80s 90s noted that their discs cut down drag....this ad could have added that this would be the ultimate in streamline.... i have never seen these in any form.....i wonder what became of them...

They would DEFINATELY be kool on a salt flat custom. Bet they were good for advertising on as well.

cool wheel covers, nothing is really rare here on the cabe, in about a few months we will have a few people show to sell those very discs.
Just like Schwinn Motobikes are rare, but several show up every year.

Back