When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolt On Kickstand

-
?i see pics of 37 with kick stands,46 is when they made the welded on one,i was refering to the changeover from rear drop stand to BOLT on stand,but thanks much for the reply!

I believe 1936 for the Autocycle. Lower level models such as the Motorbike/Cycleplane still used a drop stand in '36. By '37 most had the side stand. V/r Shawn

I have seen more early Schwinn bikes with the "Miller" kickstand...

I prefer the Jiffy though... these must have been available right in the bike shop?

All the original bikes I've seen had the Miller. Being a bolt on stand who knows what happened in the last 70+ years to these bikes. If I were restoring one I would go with the so-called Autocycle style Miller stand which has a slight bow in it. V/r Shawn

looks like the dropstand was used in the earlier part of 36 which is what this bike is with rge 4 number one letter serial number,i like rear drop stands over kickstands,ive even saw where guys shorten the rear fende and put the latch farther up,gives the whole deal a more racy look on a modified
full?d=1464483260.jpg

Actually I think unless it was an Autocycle the rest of the '36 line-up had drop stands. V/r Shawn

looks like the dropstand was used in the earlier part of 36 which is what this bike is with rge 4 number one letter serial number,i like rear drop stands over kickstands,ive even saw where guys shorten the rear fende and put the latch farther up,gives the whole deal a more racy look on a modified
full?d=1464483260.jpg
Which year/model Schwinn is this in photo???

Back