When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bowden on Craigslist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
00606_ciqwRa9UA2l_300x300.jpg

Was for sale on CL for one hour.
It disappear....
Asking price : 500$

I think the seller knows it is very valuable, but doesn't know exactly how much.
He post it to see the reaction of the people.
I text him after 17 min he posted, to buy the bike and he answered that the bike will be available only in the week end. I am sure a lot of people text him too. Somebody now is begging to buy a bike like that.
He will post the bike again with a real price.
But that price will n not for me.

Yeah U nebber no. The only sure thing is, ya ain't getting that bike.

Story time!. I've nabbed a few deals FAST, on C/L and the bay. To many off the bay to go into it, but one quicky that's most memorial for me. a Porsche 914 for $1500. And it was a killer deal too. Cali rust free, 3 year old resto and engine rebuild, the race cam, duel holly carbs, headers, I mean the whole goody-good, cool package. , clean inside and out 911 wheels and suspension, race replica flared fenders, but paint had gone flat. the old, 'wife says it has to go routine' And gotta say, there was one of those long ago, "The wife says they have to go" ad in my local penny paper who had not 1 but 2 Dam cars which was my target for years! 2 dang MG A's one for parts, both complete and both RUNNING! too. for 500 bucks!.. I'm still kicking myself for not getting em! . but back to the 914, it said; must pck up within 3 days, no exceptions, don't bid if you can't. He was 140 miles away, opening bid was $1,500. So I PM-ed saying how close I was etc. man of my word, blah, blah, blah, all that jazz. He said Deal! stick your bid on it, he'll close the auction, ( did not ask this), and come get it!. Ka-Ching!

Recently, I nabbed a bike for $60 which turned out to be about a grand's worth. C/L ad with the word Campagnolo and Trek in headline $60. 15 minutes old. OK 1st off I really knew nothing about Campy parts, except I always wanted, something made by them since I were a kid, so that was my 1st target, albeit I also been watching for 80's treks too. Called the guy up to ask about the Campy parts, which he confirmed, yet still I had no clue and couldn't give a C about whatever Trek it was. . However, on that. I said: i'd take it. talked about not selling it before I got there, etc etc and when I was reasonably certain he wouldn't, I raced to his house ( racing for me is 5 MPH over the speed limit) . By then right > of course he had calls, he had offers for more, but he kept his word, SCORE!

I still didn't know what I bought, lol. but after a few days of searching up and verifying them all. The whole campy package everything campy on Trek frame, with 1st gen Delta brakes to make it even sweeter , Score, SCORE, SCORE! An I gotta tell ya, Geez, those campy hubs, never mind the rims and whole set up, just the hubs, smooth, smooth, , the sweetest I ebber have glided on. IDK but them Hub's feel like there's microscopic alien motors in em, they just keep coasting even in slight rise, and or against light breeze too. shesh!

So, ya know,, really, for this bike, all somebody had to do was to convince the seller, that the cash was on its way, confirm the hold, the ol' men of word and promise deal, and go get it.

Now I don't know the value of that bike so,, I also would have searched it down to confirm but, dam it looks good,, I'd a gave em a run for the money too. And, bet if it was within, oh say, 100 mile range, for the few minutes hesitation it would have taken me:

The early worm saz: Ya snooze ya lose! [wink]

Last edited:
I'd have been burning rubber up I-71 :)
Wonder if somebody actually got it or if he'll relist at a much higher price.

Back