When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Pads

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Luchotocado

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 60 and a 63 corvette. They both have the weinmann brakes and I was wondering what you guys use to replace them? The ones on my bikes are like rocks now and they dont really brake at all.

Thanks, they are a bit expensive. 25 for the set and I need 3. I was expecting more like 10. Oh well

Price of vintage bike. 400 bucks
Cost of brake pads. 75 bucks
Value of not hitting the tree. Priceless.LOL
I got sticker shock when I priced them too.best 25 bucks I spent.I see the cheaper pads on eBay.pretty sure it's bicyclebones that sells them.

Did all corvettes come with hand brakes? I have a 1960 also and it only has a coaster. First time riding it, I learned real quick to allow more time for stopping distance.

yu can add a front caliper brake buy gettin the correct fork on your corvette or put a set of the hard to find optional schwinn rimm brakes to the front,youll have a coaster in the rear and a front brake,if your coaster brake doesnt skid the wheel it may need a little work

Did all corvettes come with hand brakes? I have a 1960 also and it only has a coaster. First time riding it, I learned real quick to allow more time for stopping distance.

If the coaster brake is in good working order a light weight person should be able to lock or nearly lock the hub up with enough back pressure on the crank.

Back