When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build a vintage bike for your kids or grand kids?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got my Grandson started on a 16" Schwinn "Midget" Stingray. You can hold the sissy bar and run along side. Best to learn on. Plus if the lay it down or forget the kickstand (often) you only get scratches in the bars and the sissy bar. No seat rips.
img_20170326_110657-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
What an awesome thread, I think bikes are a great family builder. My adult daughter asked me to restore a bike for her and she thinks the world of it. Her girlfriends are jealous as they think it's so cool that her Dad build it for her. I know she will keep and mostly likely pass this bike on to a new generation. I'm now starting one for my younger (adult) daughter and am happy to do them.

Again, great thread!

BART

My dad didn't really care about fitness until he got knee problems after painting the garage. When he saw me wheel my '65 Silver Jet out of the garage on it's maiden voyage three years ago, he wanted to ride it. I used that as motivation to get him to exercise.

I dragged a 90's Huffy-built Free Spirit mountain bike out of my boneyard and got it working for him. He put about 200 miles on it until it fell apart and I put it back in the boneyard and parted it out. He went and got a new Giant comfort bike, then this past Feb. he went to Indy with me and bought a gorgeous Electra cruiser.

The gentleman who bought my Eldorado, wanted it for the same reason. Motivation to get in shape. Hope to see it on the trails, all fixed up. Even made one of my repop ornament parts to go with it!

Old bikes are a great motivator!

Last edited:
well I have had this one sitting on the stand for a while,may be by the time I finish it my grandson will be big enough to ride it.
192082-b4daf50c4a5d11419e231faf34a34dd9.jpg

Back