When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building Beryl...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've got the payment for the wheels etc and all but the tank, paint taken care of, at least for now. I'm also working hard to get an AMERICAN MADE pair of tires on her.

Paint question...

I really want a very light forest green type color...it there any way to use white or olive with a darker green spray to achieve this?

I have the time to make mistakes.

According to my mediocre math...

This month alone I got this stuff for the bikes:

Rollfast's wheels and a badge from Krakatoa $100
rest of the Huffy parts from partsguy $40
replacement rack for the Huffy zedsn $40
1/2 payment for Goodyear vintage balloon tires and tubes THEGOLDENGREEK $70
Another badge from Bikiba $18
LBS for tube replacement and parts for the Huffy $65+
Coppertone hunt Wilde grips from sm2501 $12.49
Huffy headtube decal from Bruce Crawford $14.99

Whee. Out of $490.98 OUT OF $776 this month in income.

Not sure that's right, I had other bills to pay.

Paint question...

I really want a very light forest green type color...it there any way to use white or olive with a darker green spray to achieve this?

I have the time to make mistakes.

I'd put the bike together and ride it a bit before painting. Who knows, you might like it the way it is and you wouldn't have to find a decal! :)

I had the color scheme for Tempest together 4 years before the bike was finished. She is going be to green, not black primer like some teenager's idea of a cool paintjob because all their money went into the muffler. There is an auto paint shop across the tracks that can do it.

Last edited:
IMG_6393.JPG

Okay, it was sprinkling a little but I got some spraypaint on my sample paper and I think I have the frame color more or less already.

Paint testing 001.JPG

The rack is darker than the other but since it's close enough I may just redo it, The paint is Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2X primer and paint in one in that case . I have clear acrylic coat to spray when I'm done.

I sorta wanted somewhat of a metallic finish though for the frame...I'll probably go back to the NAPA Auto Parts store for some help.

Back