When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a Murray Spaceliner Springer Rockers & Bolts fit a JChiggins Beehive Springer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gsieghart

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi All,
Please help me on this one.
Recently I have purchased a JC Higgins (pictured Green) with a Beehive Springer Fork missing its rockers and bolts.
I have been looking here and in FB for a replacement for some time but no luck.
now someone has a set of rockers complete with bolt and nuts but they are from a spaceliner springer.

Can these spaceliner rockers and especially the bolts fit in to the beehive fork?

thnx
mac

s-l1601.jpg

15065006_330860957306421_324283736_o.jpg

Looks about the same to me with the exception of what appears to be a tab on the smaller bolt side

Rocker1.jpg

From what I can see, there are no clearance issues, if so, a little work on the bench grinder should suffice, personally I think it a structural reinforcement

,, appears the rockers would work on the beehive from what I see,,,

You are most welcome

Mac, please keep us up to date here on your project, it looks like it's gonna be a swell bike!

I'm watching...

I have also used the newer rockers on the older forks with no problem. I think the rockers off a 24 inch fork are the same also.[I seem to remember using a newer 24 inch on an early fork ] The rocker bolts were not interchangeable from the newer fork to the older one. The shoulder on the bolt was wider. Seldom see those rocker bolts for sale by themselves. An older fellow had a box of assorted Higgins and Monark rocker nuts and bolts for sale at a bike garage sale. I could kick myself for not buying them.

What really bugs the heck outta me is when I can't remember something that I have done in the past . Went to bed last night and for the life of me I can't remember what the problem was that I had when I used a newer rocker assembly on an earlier Higgins fork.
excuse my bad photography but I think you can see the difference between the earlier shoulder bolt pictured on the bottom and the newer one on top.
005.JPG
This is a photo of how your fork should look:
001.JPG
002.JPG
This is another photo of an earlier higgins rocker. Notice the difference.
003.JPG

Hope this may be helpful to you.

Last edited:
Hi all!!
sorry for my late reply, I have been busy with work lately.
I thank you all for the inputs you've given me. I have purchased the rockers set and will wait for them to arrived.
I hoped I can fit them in my beehive fork.

@the tinker sir, if I received them and the bolts does not fit correctly. Can I message you for a photo and measurements of the correct bolt so I can order a set in a Bolts/Nuts Supply Shop?
@Saving Tempest I'll try my best to keep this thread updated sir, thank you for support!

mac

I will take a better photo tomorrow with measurements of both types of bolts and post them here. This could help others in the same predicament.:)

Back