When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a Murray Spaceliner Springer Rockers & Bolts fit a JChiggins Beehive Springer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok, here we go:
Pictured on top is the spaceliner bolt. Bottom the typical older bee-hive bolt.
021.JPG

Top bolt: 5/8 wrench bolt 3/16ths. thick......9/16 nut, 1/4" thick ............1/2 inch length shoulder ........9/16ths. of thread.......7/16ths dia. of shoulder

Bottom, older bolt: 5/8 wrench bolt 3/16ths. thick......9/16 nut, 1/4 inch . thick......1/8 inch length shoulder.......9/16ths of thread.......7/16 dia. of shoulder

Last edited:
The space liner rockers take the long shoulder and the later Higgins also takes long shoulder bolt because the rocker has the spacer but no bump stops The early rocker with out spacers take the short shoulders

Ok, here we go:
Pictured on top is the spaceliner bolt. Bottom the typical older bee-hive bolt. View attachment 386164
Top bolt: 5/8 wrench bolt 3/16ths. thick......9/16 nut, 1/4" thick ............1/2 inch length shoulder ........9/16ths. of thread.......7/16ths dia. of shoulder

Bottom, older bolt: 5/8 wrench bolt 3/16ths. thick......9/16 nut, 1/4 inch . thick......1/8 inch length shoulder.......9/16ths of thread.......7/16 dia. of shoulder
Thank you very much for this sir!!

@higgens I'll take note of this, once I have the bike I'll check what year the higgins has been made. thank you for this info!

Here we go.....the slide downhill......................will this be another post that goes astray?
Don't make fun of my age Vince, you got a year on me........mmmmm, what did I have for breakfast this morning??Seem to have forgot.

Hi all! i've been busy with work lastly so I cannot truly concentrate on my higgins project but I had some time to look up purchase what i'm missing..
got my fender set and rack purchased recently so i'm hoping i can have a get a higgins tank some time soon. :)

for now can anyone help me with this.. in the photo i'm missing a Acorn nut for the truss rod (right side) part of the springer fork.
also can anyone send me a photo how the front spring on the higgins seat looks like? mine is missing it front spring.

anyone have a spare of these lying around?

thanks!!
mac

18339683_10212837831650461_808403798_o.jpg

18339288_10212837854291027_491946948_o.jpg

18379118_10212837853531008_440579264_o.jpg

Oh... and the spring clip that goes under the pan nut and restrains side motion of the spring,, have that for ya too!

clip1.jpg
clip2.jpg

Back