When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can some folks post some "distressed" paint re-creations...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Distresto no gusto

That's one band wagon I don't dig at all. The whole "distressed bicycle" restoration. I do get painting that one missing part and adding it to complete the bike.......but taking the time to restore a bike to look old is pointless. There's tons of originals out there. It's one of those deals where ...as with the 'well made/hard to tell' repop stuff.....down the road? People WILL get burned, and I realize that most of the time ....out of the gate that is not the intention. But bikes change hands, lines get blurred and eventually a totally lame scene with someone believing something is UNrestored. To reiterate, I DO get the partial resto of, say a tank that was missing, then another located, and painted to match....or a seat so far gone that a shiny restored one would look out of place. But the effort to "forge" a bike to look untouched to me is just another can of worms waiting to pop open down the road. My 2 cents on distresto bikes.

Here's one:

02252015_022sm-1.jpg

02252015_066sm-1.jpg

03152015_033sm-1.jpg

03152015_054sm-1.jpg

02252015_165sm-1.jpg

02252015_093sm-1.jpg

yea, I'm speaking of making an individual part to match the rest. I agree on the other...

I painted a repop tank for this bike. It was a tough match as the original paint had patinad to so many different shades of blue/teal, etc. I know it isn't perfect but it's good enough for me.
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg

Tank re-popped & painted. Guard had a little "work done" also.

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 211
Back