When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center Pulls

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Excuse me, cantilevers.
Questions for the experienced or even just the interested.
1. Where does one find these cables with the gripper handle on one end, as seen on this rear brake set-up? It sure makes it easy to disconnect the brakes for wheel removal. And what about brake pads?
Does this stuff only come from France?
2. Given that the lengths of the front and rear brake arms are different, wouldn't it seem that the one with the longer moment be used on the front?
Please chime in.

Last edited:
Brake pads are sold reproduction now by Kool Stop.
LBS should be able to get for you.
I have the straddle cables in stock in different lengths.
Both single end and double end.

Brake pads are sold reproduction now by Kool Stop.
LBS should be able to get for you.
I have the straddle cables in stock in different lengths.
Both single end and double end.
Thanks detroit, Who is LBS? and, you have straddles With the enlarged end or only the ball? 400mm?

LBS = local bike shop

This ebay seller has the vintage straddle cables you're asking about

But Tektro, Paul Components, Sunlite - there are many sources for new ones with the round cast stops.

a5405018-037e-43ed-981f-e46453d8f36c.jpg

a1P3180007.jpg

I have these Paul Touring Cantis front and rear, and they work great on both wheels - honestly, the best brakes I've ever had on a bike.
Many people will put the Touring Cantis on rear and the Paul Neo Retro Cantis on front - part of that is to get a longer/taller cable for fender clearance up front.
spacer.gif
TF-BR8866.jpg

spacer.gif

If you get your straddle cable length to pull 90-degrees normal on the canti lever arm when your brake lever is at full pull, you will have the maximum possible braking force.
As that angle becomes more acute or obtuse, you decrease the maximum braking force (simple force vector analysis)

Last edited:
LBS = local bike shop

This ebay seller has the vintage straddle cables you're asking about

But Tektro, Paul Components, Sunlite - there are many sources for new ones with the round cast stops.

a5405018-037e-43ed-981f-e46453d8f36c.jpg

I have these Paul Touring Cantis front and rear, and they work great on both wheels - honestly, the best brakes I've ever had on a bike.
Many people will put the Touring Cantis on rear and the Paul Neo Retro Cantis on front - part of that is to get a longer/taller cable for fender clearance up front.
spacer.gif
TF-BR8866.jpg

spacer.gif

If you get your straddle cable length to pull 90-degrees normal on the canti lever arm when your brake lever is at full pull, you will have the maximum possible braking force.
As that angle becomes more obtuse, you decrease the maximum braking force (simple force vector analysis)

Thanks Bully. I'm in business. I'm learning faster than I can forget, no, wait. I'm forgetting faster than I can learn. And who are you calling obtuse?!
This Marguil I bought has a Simplex Grand Prix Dural. This French shtuff is Greek. It really is beautiful though, adjustable bearings in the rollers.

Back