When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chapter IV: A New Build...

-

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Chapter I: Tempest (50s twin bar middleweight)
Chapter II: Germaine (1995 Schwinn Classic Cruiser)
Chapter III: Kayleigh (early 1960s Western Flyer)

Here is the new Rollfast twin cantilever frame I bought from Hawthonecrazy and what I am going on as an example, from the web:

My New Bike.jpg

From The Web.jpg

The original tank stayed with Hawthornecrazy and I took the Hawthorne 'bugeye' tank he had instead.

For tank lights I bought a pair of Ross Spaceliner or similar lights from Bicyclebones.

I may have all the parts except a rear fender and braces lined up now. I also need the rear arm mount and front mount for the chainguard, which is the same of similar to the one on the green web bike.

Now I need to go find my camera!

My New Bike.jpg

From The Web.jpg

Last edited:
The TANK is Hawthorne but the tank lights are Ross, meaning they have a little hook on both of the V arms and I'm not sure how the fronts attach, so I'll need to do a little modding.

The tank will be white with stripes similar in theme to the bottom of the chainguard, but I need to find a mount to attach it to the hole at the front and then work out the back, it's probably quite similar, if not the same parts, I hope. The correct R and ROLLFAST logos will adorn both parts in about the same way as on Tempest except that the R will sit between the wings and ROLLFAST in black over the stripes and on the chainguard ROLLFAST in WHITE with the R on the end. I'm nothing if not pathetically thematic :p

By the way, someone was speculating as to when the cantilevered frame in question was introduced.

eBay has answered you.

I just can't directly add it from my computer. SHEESH.

Back