When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charity Auction Pedal Car

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Shawn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Every couple times a year my Sis does a charity auction with all the proceeds going to our local Boys And Girls Brigade. Since I subscribe to the "give to live" or "what goes around comes around" theory I try and do things to benefit others without there being any benefit in doing so for me. So I bought this pedal car on a rummage sale for $125. Too much as they sell new at the Walmart for around $180 but I wasn't aware. It isn't even vintage but an In Step model :( Anyways it was faded to pink with scratches and some rust starting, missing it's ladders and so I figured I'd clean and make it pretty, then give it to my Sis for the auction. I'm blessed to work at a place where I do a lot of restoration oriented stuff. I'm able to sandblast, powder coat, weld, grind, machine, do sheet metal work, etc. So I blew it apart, stripped it to bare metal, got new tires, hubcaps and ladders then made it red. A friend owns a vinyl graphics outfit and he made me cool decals with the gold leaf look and the town department names where it got auctioned. Turned out a bit darker red than I was going for but looked alright when all done. My Sis got $500 for it that went to the Brigade so I was grateful to have been able to contribute to the auction which raised over $3,200 in all.
fc1.png
fc2.png
fc3.png
fc4.png
fc5.png
fc6.png
fc7.png
fc8.png
fc9.png
fc10.png

Back