When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civility And The Cabe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.

sm2501

CABE owner
System Administrator
Here's obviously another hot button topic that has got off track. We have a good conversation about a bike, then somebody offers to buy it and all of a sudden that person is being ripped apart because he might part it out. Bottom line is it is his business to do whatever he wants to do with it. Has nothing to do with this site, and how we have "favorite members". We do our best to monitor the rules, and keep the forum civil. However, when members start bashing other members, that is a rule breaker and we'll delete the thread. Seems pretty easy for me to understand.

As far as parting a bike out, agree or disagree, we all need parts at one time or another. Unless you are buying new old stock parts in the original packaging, you have participated in this practice. I personally have purchased many parts, specifically painted parts to finish a project. Where did I think these came from? Never really thought about it, but certainly came from a parted out bike. Maybe the bike was completely trashed out except for the one part I needed...probably not, so I guess I participated in this process.

Bottom line is civility is a major rule in MY forum....remember, this is my living room..please be nice and keep negativity to yourself. Save it for the swaps.

Scott McCaskey

If the you look up some of my older posts on the same subject I said basically the same thing. If you choose to sell a bike and the new owner decide's to part it out, "Get over it!" You sold it, he bought it , it's his he can do whatever he want's to it, end of story!

I think the only concern I ever voiced is that there are certain people who try to buy bikes saying they are going to keep it, and the seller is talked into a sale that he or she would otherwise not be willing to make. I think it's fair to point that out with certain buyers who have a reputation for such tactics.
if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I think a sale should be on the up and up as it were, if someone is lying about their intent, then it is a legitimate concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back